[AMBER] Symmetric or mirrored boundary condition?

From: Tucker Burgin <tburgin.uw.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 09:09:49 -0800

I am interested in a simulation involving a large protein homodimer. In
order to save computational resources it would be ideal if I could simulate
only a single full protein that interacts with its own image across a
periodic boundary; however, for this to work, I would need a way to
"invert" the boundary condition to obtain the desired symmetry. I'm after
something like this (hope the ASCII schematic comes through clearly):

__A__________
| | |
| d|p |
| d|p |
| d|p |
| | |

Where A on the left is the simulation box containing the protein d,
interacting with the mirror image A' on the right containing a mirror image
of the protein, p.

Is anyone aware of a way to implement this sort of boundary condition in
Amber? Is this more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks!
-Tucker Burgin