Re: [AMBER] any working singularity or docker recipe? (esp for CUDA and MPI)

From: Michael Coleman <mcolema5.uoregon.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 23:16:38 +0000

The problem turns out to be that this file is listed in a .gitignore. I was using my own temporary git repo to assist with rapid retries of the build and analysis of failures, but because of the .gitignore, this file never made it into the repo.

Specifically, in 'amber20_src/AmberTools/src/packmol_memgen/.gitignore', we have

# native executables built by Python script
packmol_memgen/lib/packmol/packmol*
packmol_memgen/lib/memembed/bin/*

I believe this is colliding with 'amber20_src/AmberTools/src/packmol_memgen/packmol_memgen/lib/packmol/packmol.f90'.

I'd call that a bug, but it depends on exactly what your workflow is, I suppose.

With respect to RHEL 7, I'd expect it to be rather similar to Centos 7, but perhaps with some variations in the exact patch levels of various packages.

Mike