Re: [AMBER] Amber20 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 08:08:05 -0400

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021, vivek rabha wrote:

> I installed Amber20 succesfully in centos 7 but as a root. i am not so
>expert so i did this by searching installation process in some amber site
>or linux installation site.
>sir please guide me can i install it without going through root.
>may be its difficult for beginners like me.
>Is there any problem later installing as a root.
>because i need to run tleap as a root.

You should not need to be root to install Amber, and we recommend against
doing so.

Detailed installation instructions are in Chapter 2 of the Reference Manual,
and CentOS details are here:

     https://ambermd.org/InstCentOS.php

You don't say whether you ever tried to install as an ordinary user, and (if
so) what happened. Be sure that you are installing to a folder where you
have write permissions. But if you succeeded in installing as root, the
procedure is no different for non-root.

...good luck...dac