Re: [AMBER] Question regarding LIE calculations vs explicit solvent enthalpy calculations?

From: Liao <liaojunzhuo.aliyun.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:05:19 -0500

Thanks for the response Dave,

Never performed LIE before, I wonder, very practically, where does LIE actually get the vdw and elec energy values? I’m influenced by the explicit solvent binding energy example, in which the energies are obtained from the md output file that writes the different types of energy of the whole system for each snapshot. From my understanding, LIE reads only the intermolecular interaction energy of the ligand with its environment, doesn’t it? Where exactly is this number calculated, such that the water energy or protein energy is totally absent?
I think this is what’s puzzling me the most, not the model or the theory.