Re: [AMBER] Error while running make install

From: David A Case <dacase1.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:08:02 -0400

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021, Rodrigo da Silva Bitzer wrote:

>I am trying to install the latest update.

What evidence do you have for that? Did you run update_amber
--show-applied-patches?

>>[ 12%] Building Fortran object AmberTools/src/sander/CMakeFiles/sander_base_obj.dir/sebomd_module.F90.o
>>/Users/rodrigobitzer/Documents/RESEARCH/MD/amber/amber20_src/AmberTools/src/sander/sebomd_module.F90:124:34:
>>
>> 124 | namelist /sebomd/ hamiltonian, &
>> | 1

If you have applied update.1, then line 124 of sebomd_module.F90 is *not*
the line listed above. The line listed above doesn't appear until line 155.

> I think my problem is with gfortran. How can I configure amber to compile
> with an earlier gfortran version?

The code takes whatever gfortan is in your PATH. But the solution is not to
change gfortran, since you still won't have the proper source code.

If you can't figure this out, we need details of exactly what you did, and
when you did it. The latter is important since the Amber web site was
mis-configured from 9/14 to sometime on 9/16, so that updates would not have
automatically been downloaded during the run_cmake step. It's possible that
jut re-running things now will fix your problem.

....dac