Re: [AMBER] how to change residue number of several residues in AMBER trajectories

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 10:23:27 +0200

Dear Ming,

maybe you could setup special trajectories containing just the system of
interest for your individual analysis runs.
For that, you could use cpptraj to strip off the unnecessary residues
from your master trajectory and also write a singe pdb file (e.g. of the
first structure); then use this pdb file to generate a top file via tleap.

Generally, all atoms in a trajectory are numbered in a continous way
internally; a "renumbering" is not possible AFAIK.
Thus, if you have problems to reference the residues of interest, a
preprocessing step might be a simple (yet not the most elegant) solution.

Regards,

Anselm