Re: [AMBER] Missing mtkpp directory after installation of AmberTools21

From: David A Case <dacase.chem.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:32:03 -0400

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021, Anthony Nash wrote:

>I am trying to step through the bonded metal-binding centre tutorials given
>here: https://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpb.php

I'll let Pengfei and Maria say more here, but this tutorial looks way out of
date. Basically, (as I understand it) you have to ignore all the material
on MCPB (which is built on top of MTK++/mtkpp): this capability was removed
from AmberTools some time ago. You need to follow the instructions for the
python version, MCPB.py.

Assuming that I am correct, we'll try to get this tutorial updated soon.
Thanks for pointing out the problem, and apologies for letting things get
out of date.

....dac