Re: [AMBER] Error charges ligand having Selenium

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:34:27 +0200

Hi Renato,

you can address that problem by providing the missing vdW radius for
Selenium in your input file.

In the keyword line of your Gaussian input simply replace
Pop=MK
by
Pop=(MK,ReadRadii)

and then add, after your coordinate section and a blank line, the
element name and the atomic radius in Angstroem
(cf: http://gaussian.com/population/?tabid=1#Pop_keyword__ReadRadii_option)
Which radius you want to use here, I cannot tell. For a quick test, I
just used the wikipedia value of 1.20.

However, I'd recommend to separate geometry optimization and ESP
calculation into two jobs, because the optimization does work for Se in
any case.

Keyword line for optimization:
# HF/6-31G* SCF=tight test opt

Then copy the checkpoint file to a new name and read the geometry and
wavefunction information from there in the next step
# HF/6-31G* SCF=tight Test Pop=(MK,ReadRadii) iop(6/33=2) iop(6/42=6)
 iop(6/50=1) geom=check guess=read

nulla rosa sine spina

0 1

Se 1.20

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anselm

NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Germany