Re: [AMBER] Amber for AMD GPUs?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:07:16 -0400

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021, Shenglong Wang wrote:

>Does Amber support AMD GPUs now? AMD just posted Amber on their website
>
>https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/infinity-hub/amber

I think the marketing people at AMD are bit out in front of the actual code.
We still see some (rare?) cases where the code doesn't work. But codes
should be ready for testing soon.

>NYU has access to many AMD MI50 GPUs, if Amber works well with AMD GPUs,
>we’ll have a try.

The phrase "have a try" is a good one: given how new the code base is, and
the limited access Amber developers (including me) have to AMD equipment,
early users will need to exercise caution.

...thanks...dac