Re: [AMBER] Multi-Monomer Polymer

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 12:55:24 +0200

Hi,

I had a quick look at the structures encoded in your prepi files
(converted them to pdb).
To me it seems that your systems comprise saturated compounds without
any open valences, which makes it impossible for tleap to generate a
polymer.

The logic in using building blocks within tleap is that these blocks
collected in a library are in their ready-to-use structure, i.e.
mid-chain residues have two open valences, while terminal residues
posses only one. Thus, amino acids have three structural templates for
the biopolymer, N-terminal, mid-chain, C-terminal.

(You did not provide your leap *input*; maybe you already tried to
create terminal residue prepi files, and maybe the ycontain issues as well.)

Thus, have a closer yook at your prepi files.
For a first test, just load the mid-chain prepi files and try a
heterodimer system a = sequence { VAC HVC }.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anselm

NHR.FAU