Re: [AMBER] Installation error AMBERTOOLS21

From: Mandar Kulkarni <mandar.kulkarni.chem.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:38:46 +0200

Hi,
I tried a fresh installation, I have attached install.log.

Thanks,
Mandar Kulkarni

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 11:45 PM David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021, Mandar Kulkarni wrote:
>
> >I have two machines with different ubuntu versions installed. In a new
> >machine, I installed fresh Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Ambertools 21, it did not
> >give a symlink error or installation problem which I reported.
> >
> >My old laptop with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, had a symlink issue with pip.
>
> On the old laptop, do you have an $AMBERHOME/miniconda folder?
> Also, in $AMBERHOME/bin, is there an amber.python link? Is it working?
> (That is, can you type amber.python and get a python prompt?)

amber.python is working on an old laptop.

> I still suspect that this has nothing to do with the OS version. If you
> have time and willingness, try a fresh install on the laptop. Pay
> attention
> to what happens when python is being downloaded. Best, after run_cmake,
> to type "make install | tee install.log". That way, you are not doing
> anything in parallel (to confuse the log file), and you have a record of
> what happened.
>
> I did not observe anything unusual during the python download. but at the
end of make install, the following error occured (this is not written in
install.log)

-- Fixing Miniconda script shebangs
CMake Error at
/home/mandar/softwares/test_install_ambertools21/amber20_src/cmake/FixCondaShebang/FixCondaShebang.cmake:26
(file):
  file failed to open for reading (No such file or directory):

    /home/mandar/softwares/test_install_ambertools21/amber20//bin/amber.pip

...thx...dac