Re: [AMBER] To increase timesteps in MD simulations

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:51:03 -0400

Processes that occur on the msec to seconds timescale are not likely to be
accessible to direct simulation. There is not a simple way to increase the
time step much more than you have done already.
For slow processes, other methods tend to be used, such as biased MD,
umbrella sampling and so on. Most of these methods require you to have
some advance knowledge of the slow motion (defining what are called
"collective variables"). Some groups have used machine learning to identify
slow motions. Another possibility is to look into methods such as Markov
state models.
This is an active research area and you would probably want to read the
literature on the topic.