Re: [AMBER] NAB superimpose issue

From: Mandar Kulkarni <mandar.kulkarni.chem.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:07:38 +0200

Dear Prof. David Case,

Thanks for the suggestion about the alignframe and setframe.

I tried this approach, without the common base "C" to connect two RNA
duplexes. but the alignment issue is not solved. Please see attached NAB
script and image.

I tried alignframe+setframe on individual nucleotides, it works on them.
But, for RNA duplexes, I am facing issues. Two RNA duplexes get entangled
with this approach (please see attached image, bases used for
alignframe+setframe are shown in licorice).

Do I need to try different atom expressions to define origin and X, Y axes
to make it work? Please let me know your thoughts.

Best Regards,
Mandar Kulkarni