Re: [AMBER] How to fix the numbering of amino acid that got shifted in topology file that created in amber Tleap

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:10:00 -0400

Hi,

In addition to what Dave and Anselm have said, I want to point out
that cpptraj has the ability to assign and use PDB residue numbering
and/or chain IDs. The 'change' command can be used to set PDB (also
referred to in cpptraj as "original") residue numbering and chain IDs.
For example, To set the first 10 residues to PDB residue numbers 3-12:

change oresnums of :1-10 min 3 max 12

To give those same residues a chain ID of 'B':

change chainid of :1-10 to B

The cpptraj mask parser has the ability to use PDB (original) residue
numbering via the ':;' (colon semicolon) operator, and chain IDs via
the '::' (colon colon) operator. So to print the atoms selected by PDB
residue number 7:

atoms :;7

Note that if PDB residue number/chain ID information is already in the
topology file (from e.g. parmed) cpptraj can use it. Hope this helps,

-Dan