Re: [AMBER] position coordinate precision

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 16:06:54 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 3:47 PM Lambach, Lauren <lauren-lambach.uiowa.edu> wrote:

> No matter what I try I can only get 3 decimal places. I would imagine there is a way to print out more decimal places. Does anyone know how I can do this?

This is because the Amber ASCII trajectory format is a fixed 8.3
precision. You can use the 'highprecision' keyword to get 8.6, but be
aware this format is much easier to overflow. If you need an ASCII
format use either Amber restart, mol2, or charmm cor with the 'ext'
keyword for extended precision.

Hope this helps,

-Dan