Re: [AMBER] Running cpptraj in hpc

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 13:48:40 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 11:27 AM Jenny 148 <jenny.rs140.gmail.com> wrote:
> In cpptraj would it be enough to give the line
> cpptraj -i traj.in

This should work fine. If you have access to multiple nodes you may
get a speedup by using cpptraj.MPI. I've typically found good results
on HPC systems by using cpptraj.MPI.OMP (MPI + OpenMP enabled) and
using as many processes as there are CPU sockets and using openmp
threads for the remaining cores. So for example, for 2 nodes where
each node has 2 sockets and each socket has 12 cores, I would use 4
MPI processes, 12 threads per process.

Hope this helps,

-Dan