Re: [AMBER] Error in pca analysis

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 09:03:11 -0400

Hi,

You are likely running out of memory. This is why your problems during
clustering went away when you reduced the number of input frames by a
factor of 5. The solution is to do everything on disk. So instead of
analysis into three separate phases:

1) Create average coordinates.
2) Rms fit your trajectory to average coordinates, calculate the
covariance matrix, write out the fit trajectory, diagonalize the
matrix and write out the "modes" data (i.e. eigenvectors and
eigenvalues).
3) Read in the "modes" data, calculate principal component projections
from the fit trajectory, do the Kullback-Leibler divergence analysis.

This way, the most memory you need is to store the covariance matrix,
modes, and other data of that type. Hope this helps,

-Dan

PS - Note that there appears to be a small error in the input you
posted (in pca.in). The 'nmwiz' keyword should be part of the
diagmatrix command, not on a separate line.