Re: [AMBER] Seeking suggestions for breaking a covalent link between atoms

From: Amit Sharma (Asstt. Prof., MCARS) <"Amit>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 19:58:11 +0530

Thanks for your help David,

I tried deleteBond in parmed, but the output coordinate file (out.ncrst or
out.pdb) still shows the bond (when seen in vmd or pymol).
But, I still continued further with the simulation using new prmtop file
(hmass_delbond.prmtop). Here, if I run using pmemd.cuda, pmemd terminates
abnormally and if I use sander the log file says

"Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
     deviation is too large
     NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 1 390 777 778

     Note: This is usually a symptom of some deeper
     problem with the energetics of the system."

Can you please help to figure out what might be going wrong.

To inform, I ran the following commands in parmed

>parm hmass.prmtop #Hmassrepartioned parameter file
>loadRestrt in.ncrst # loaded restart file from previous simulation with
bond
>loadCoordinates in.nc # loaded nc file from previous simulation with bond
>deleteBond :20.C :39.C # delete bond between two specified atoms
>#HMassRepartition #
> writeCoordinates out.ncrst # write coordinates after bond deletion
> parmout hmass_delbond.prmtop # write parameter file after bond deletion

Amit

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 7:14 PM David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2021, Amit Sharma (Asstt. Prof., MCARS) wrote:
> >
> >I created a covalent bond between two carbons using the leap command
> >>bond mol.20.C mol.39.C
> >Then, the simulation was run for the protein having this covalent bond.
> >
> >Now, I want to break this covalent bond and continue further with the
> >simulation. This time the start structure will be the last pdb of the
> >previous simulation but, without the covalent bond.
>
> The "deleteBond" action in ParmEd will let you create a new prmtop file
> without the bond you want to delete. Then you could just continue the
> simulation from the last restart file.
>
> However, if you just delete a C--C bond, you will have nonsensical
> chemistry, at least from a molecular mechanics standpoint, since each of
> the
> two carbons will now have an open valence. So it seems likely that you
> will
> have to add bonds as well. In that case, you would need to hand-edit the
> PDB file to represent the new chemistry, then re-run tleap to make the new
> prmtop file.
>
> ...hope this helps...dac

_
_
*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*
The
information contained in this electronic message and any *attachments to
this message are intended for the exclusive use of addressee(s) and may
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute **or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately and destroy all copies of
this message and any attachments.***
**
**WARNING***: The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. JMI
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this
email.*