Re: [AMBER] SIRAH CG Protein with Implicit Solvent

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:55:38 -0300 (UYT)

Just a follow up to Carlos'...

I would say that presently SIRAH 2.0 isn't the best choice for folding/unfolding experiments...

Indeed, we showed that depending on the system "some success" can be obtained, like in the case of the short hairpin in TRP cage [https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b00006], the extended conformations in IDPs [https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.0c00948] and small peptides [https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csbj.2021.02.014]... but alpha-helix can't be folded (e.g. [AAQAA]3) [https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b00006]...

Hence, I doubt about the SIRAH performance on folding complex domains... most probably it won't work...

I have some hints to improve both the SIRAH force field for proteins and its implicit/explicit solvent simulation, but this is work in progress...

Best regards,

Matías Machado