Re: [AMBER] saving pdb and rst at specific frames in trajectory

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 08:39:51 +0000

So, now looking at the manual. As usual there are numerous ways to achieve the same goal. I have not tested any of the suggestions so you need to consult the manual and edit as needed.

I am assuming you are looking for a single PDB file per frame and not a multimodal PDB file with all three frames in one file. In that case, select a method using “multi” but replace multi with model, or just remove multi as model is the default.

You can read in only the frames you are looking for defining only to read the three frames in question, then you can use “multi” to dump every frame as a separate pdb file. Then you do not need start/stop/step or onlyframes

    trajin somefile 500 500 1
    trajin somefile 1500 1500 1
    trajin somefile 2000 2000 1
    trajout output-filename pdb nobox multi

You can use the onlyframes and specify a range

    trajin somefile
    trajout output-filename pdb onlyframes 500,1500,2000 multi

This should create 3 PDB files with frame numbers added to the filename. Finally, just write every desired single frame as a PDB file

    trajin somefile
    trajout output-filename-500 pdb nobox 500 500 1
    trajout output-filename-1500 pdb nobox 1500 1500 1
    trajout output-filename-2000 pdb nobox 2000 2000 1

These are the interesting sections of the manual

    32.3.3. Ranges
    32.10.4. trajin
    32.10.5. trajout
    32.10.5.1. Options for pdb format