Re: [AMBER] hbond cpptraj

From: Clorice Reinhardt <clorice.reinhardt.yale.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 18:27:27 -0400

Hi Jon,
I didn’t see a reply, and just a disclaimer I’m not a developer, but I think you are confused by the definition of a molecule in amber. Aspartate and glutamine in your protein are part of the same molecule, and although they are different amino acids they still by definition are part of one protein molecule. So your result is exactly what one would expect with the command nointramol. Traditionally, I think people use this when they are trying to detect hydrogen bonds between say, a protein molecule and a small ligand. Those are two separate molecules, and one could use nointramol to only get the values between the protein and the ligand. You can find the hydrogen bond documentation in cpptraj, but you can just pass it a list of residues you are interested in, or alternatively just filter the results with awk, grep, or your favorite bash command.
All the best,
Clorice