Re: [AMBER] Problem with CG minimization in implicit solvent

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 21:33:37 -0700

Wild guess: does this code increase the step size without bound every time
an iteration leads to a lower energy? If so, limiting the max step size
could be a solution as I've seen this type of algorithm (even in steepest
descent) lead to pathologies in energy minimization of systems that start
far enough from a minimum that the step size becomes unwieldy large at some
point.