Re: [AMBER] constant ph md

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 11:16:40 -0500

Hi

The tutorials, like all our tutorials, are not general recipes but
rather a way to teach the techniques.

In your case, if you are new to amber, I would suggest running some
simpler simulations first to get your feet wet.

As for your direct question:

This is the input file in the tutorial:

Implicit solvent constant pH initial heating mdin
  &cntrl
    imin=0, irest=0, ntx=1,
    ntpr=500, ntwx=500, nstlim=1000000,
    dt=0.002, ntt=3, tempi=100,
    temp0=300, tautp=2.0, ig=-1,
    ntp=0, ntc=2, ntf=2, cut=30,
    ntb=0, igb=2, tol=0.000001,
    nrespa=1, saltcon=0.1,*icnstph=1*,
    *solvph=7.5, ntcnstph=100000000*,
    gamma_ln=5.0, ntwr=500, ioutfm=1,
    nmropt=1, ntr=1, restraint_wt=2.0,
    restraintmask='.CA,C,O,N',
  /
  &wt
    TYPE='TEMP0', ISTEP1=1, ISTEP2=500000,
    VALUE1=10.0, VALUE2=300.0,
  /
  &wt TYPE='END' /

I put 3 variables in bold

icnstph=1 means DO constant ph in implicit solvent

solvph=7.5 means try a ph 7.5

ntcnstph = 100000000 means try to change protonation states every those
steps, which are set equal to 10 x nstlim.**This means that amber will
never really try to change protoation states, and will stay at your
initial setting for that.

For the second question, the setting of 4.5 was an initial setup, so you
can be ready to do other phs later on.

If all you want if a single pH, by all means use that throughout.

Adrian

*
*

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry