Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda unstable with ff19SB+OPC and HMassRepartition

From: Gerald Monard <gerald.monard.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 20:47:07 +0900

Hello,
If I may: put ntf=1.
IMHO the problem is that you don't compute the harmonic spring on the bonds
involving hydrogen. In a perfect world, no problem. But because here the dt
is a little bit high you can end up with situations where shake has some
problem to recover the correct geometries, and then things can quickly go
bad.
It happen to me several times and ntf=1 is really a must for me. That won't
affect the speed of your simulations.
Also, if your system is not very much "equilibrated: at the beginning,
vrand=10000 is may be also too much. The default vrand=1000 should be
sufficient to reset the temperature at the beginning of the simulations and
stay at 300K.

Hope it helps,

Gerald.