Re: [AMBER] Pair interaction energy

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 09:15:22 +0100

Dear Eduardo,

the current AmberManual (version 20, section 32.11.41) answers your
question:

"For each frame, calculate the non-bonded interactions between all atoms
in <Ligand mask> with all atoms in <Surroundings mask>. Electrostatic
and van der Waals interactions will be calculated for all atom pairs."

Thus, the pairwise energy contributions between the two sets of atoms
are calculated. This is a very fast energetic analysis for post-processing.

(For calculation of an interaction energy via an energy difference,
MM/GBSA can be used, which is, hower, more expensive.)

Best regards,

Anselm