[AMBER] Pending deprecation of paramfit: Amber21 or Amber22?

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:01:22 -0500

Dear Users,

The Amber community is a dynamic team and many programs, methods, and
tutorials have come and gone over the years. Last year the team decided to
switch parameter development capabilities over to the mdgx program to offer
a streamlined workflow and all the power that created one of Amber's
protein force fields to users for their own applications. The paramfit
program, which inspired some of the features and nomenclature in
mdgx's &param module, has been a workhorse for many users over the years,
so to make the transition as smooth as possible please raise your hand if
you still have active projects that depend on the program. References to
paramfit have been removed in the Amber20 Manual. It is feasible to remove
the program from the upcoming AmberTools21 distribution, but for active
users we (I suppose, the Amber Developers, as I've moved on myself) can
extend it to Amber22.

Dave