Re: [AMBER] SHAKE problem

From: Jonathan Church <joch8192.colorado.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 18:58:48 +0200

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the reply. 1.33 angstroms was not a typo, I’m saying that the N-H bond length is initially the correct value of 1.01 angstrom when SHAKE is used with MM on a GPU cluster and later the bond elongates to 1.33 angstroms after switching to using QM/MM on a CPU cluster. However, if I turn shake off when performing QM/MM the N-H bond will oscillate around the equilibrate value of 1.01 angstroms.

The fact that the bond length is correct initially and will also oscillate around the correct value leads me to believe the problem isn’t in my parameters.

Best,
Jon