Re: [AMBER] Position of the solute (center of mass) in the simulation box

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:14:06 -0300 (UYT)

Just to clarify...

The statement that "alignAxes" may fail in case of membrane systems (lipid only of lipid+protein) is because these systems are very sensitive to the alignment of the X, Y and Z coordinates due to PBC condition. Then even small particularities in the moment of inertia of the system may change the proper orientation upon the geometrical transformation (translation and rotation), leading to beak the membrane's continuity and generating issues during the MD...

That is way a having a "translate to COM" command is so important...

Best,

Matías