Re: [AMBER] Renumbering

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 06:50:04 -0500

are you wanting to renumber them before Leap? did you try it?
Leap will have trouble with this, it will try to split residue apart that
have different names, and it will ignore duplicate atom names in a residue
(thinking they might be alternate conformations). See this message in leap:

Atom names in each residue should be unique. (Same-name atoms are handled
by using the first occurrence and by ignoring the rest. Frequently
duplicate atom names stem from alternate conformations in the PDB file.)

I don't think this will make analysis easier, it could be harder. For
example, you can't refer to an atom by residue number and name, since it
isn't unique.
can you tell us more about what exactly you're trying to achieve? If it's
about molecule numbering, that can be adjusted separately...