[AMBER] box_dims question

From: Carlos <carlos.rom.74he.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:06:02 -0600

Hi dear all.
I am trying to analyze what happens when we put certain acid near a
membrane.
I did the simulation from tutorial 14 from ambermd.org with the same files
and the same input files and everything worked fine, but when I did
every step by myself, it did not work very well, the hydrophilic heads of
the lipids came out dispersed among the water molecules. I used the same
input files but I make my sistem directly from charmm-gui.org.

I noted that the box dimension changed. in tutorial 14 are:
{81.355 80.001 70.549}, the same of DOPC_128.inpcrd file.
but when I calculated this box in VMD these values were a little different:
{86.665 85.300 76.234}
In VMD I load prmtop and inpcrd files, and in the console I typed:

set all [atomselect top all]
measure center $all
measure minmax $all

My questions are:
1. why are they different if I put the same parameters suggested in
tutorial 14
2. if the change of this water box could be causing the simulation to
behave in this way.
3. how could I calculate well this water box.

thanks in advance for your support

Regards