[AMBER] How to proceed if system charge is non-zero and non-integral

From: Amit Sharma (Asstt. Prof., MCARS) <"Amit>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 18:07:14 +0530

Hi,

Protein (solvated) that I am planning to simulate contains a chromophore in
it. Total charge on the system in this case is -5.844897 hence,
non-integral and non-zero. If I neutralize the charge by adding Na+ ions,
it adds six Na+ and my system now shows a charge of 0.155103, which again
is non-zero and non-integral.

Can someone plz suggest how I can reduce the total charge on the system to
zero? Else, is it fine to go ahead with simulation with non-integral charge
of ~0.15?

Thanks,

Amit

--
_
_
*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*
The
information contained in this electronic message and any *attachments to
this message are intended for the exclusive use of addressee(s) and may
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute **or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately and destroy all copies of
this message and any attachments.***
**
**WARNING***: The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. JMI
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this
email.*