Re: [AMBER] error after simulation

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 20:40:07 +0000

Plugging "Epoll ADD(4) on fd 1 failed" into Google suggests this is a warning from OpenMPI that relates to its Slurm integration. It is not an AMBER issue. My parsing of the Google output got this nugget:

"When next you run, I would just add "-mca plm rsh" to your cmd line. You don't need to rebuild OMPI to avoid issues with the slurm integration. This will still allow OMPI to read the slurm allocation so it knows which nodes to use, but won't use slurm to launch the job.

If it is a slurm PMI issue, this should resolve it." from:

https://users.open-mpi.narkive.com/nVycQkzv/ompi-users-deadly-warning-epoll-add-4-on-fd-2-failed

-tec3