Re: [AMBER] How to use GAFF2?

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 08:14:33 +0000

When you are running antechamber, according to the “help” output, GAFF is the default. So without specifying -at gaff2 you should get the “old” gaff atom types.

    antechamber
        -at atom type
        gaff : the default

Therefore, you should supply the “gaff2” atom type option of you intend to use gaff2. Regarding parmchk, my default is parmchk2 and according to the “help” material, the default here is also “gaff”

    parmchk2
        -s ff parm set, it is suppressed by "-p" option
        1: gaff (the default)

So you should likely define -at 2/gaff2 here as well to ensure that you are using the version.

The tleap script looks correct and I have used gaff2 without issues.

Best regards
// Gustaf