Re: [AMBER] question about dihedral angles

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 17:52:48 -0500

I think that even if you have a list of phi/psi pairs and their values,
it's pretty well known that small angle variations can result in large
Cartesian changes far from the bond being rotated. I'm not saying this
isn't a good plan, but you may run into issues (as you say) with non-planar
groups giving small changes in the intended dihedral and leading to
significant changes farther down the chain.

You should be able to put together a cpptraj script by listing the atom
names/residues in dihedral commands to measure them from your pdb, then
building a cpptraj script to rotate.
Dan's documentation is quite good for academic code standards and I don't
think you'll need him to make the inputs for you.

tleap can do similar things with commands such as "impose", and in the end
it should matter which part gets rotated if you have a single molecule,
since all that will be affected is the overall rotational frame of
reference. If that is important though, then Dan's suggestion is worth
trying. There may be other codes that were intended to build structure
models, Amber doesn't really have extensive tools for that purpose.