Re: [AMBER] Help with parameterization of non-standard amino acid

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 15:57:34 +0100

Hi Amit,

maybe your parameterization approach is not right.

You need parameters for a modified Cys residue, thus you may want to use
a model peptide for parameterization like ACE-CFN-NME.
For this model peptide, you can derive atomic charges (for one or more
conformations), e.g. via the R.E.D./PyRed server.
Then you have to decide, which forcefield parameter set to use for your
protein system and thus for your CFN. After assigning the atom types for
all atoms in your residue, you may find that some of the necessary
parameters are missing. For those, parameters are to be generated either
by separate computations or by adaption from existing force fields.

There are tutorials on the Amber website about how to parameterize
non-standard amino acids.

Regarding your question, whether you can re-use CFN parameters from
Gromacs for Amber: It depends.
Gromacs and Amber are the program suits. If the published Gromacs
parameters were created for the forcefield you intend to use in Amber,
you can savely use those. If they are for a different force field, they
may merely be used as hint.

Regards,

Anselm