[AMBER] pmemd with hybrid mpi/mp

From: Bill Abbott <babbott.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:28:53 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a hybrid pmemd with both MPI and OpenMP and it's
not acting the way I expect. It seems to build ok, the run_cmake step
indicates that OpenMP is included and the pmemd.MPI binary acts exactly
as I would expect with no OpenMP - exactly one core per rank.

I set OMP_NUM_THREADS, launch with either mpirun or srun, no change. I
ditch the scheduler entirely and run manually on a whole node, no change.

Is there a known good procedure to get one MPI rank per node and OpenMP
threading across that node with pmemd?

Thanks,

Bill Abbott
Office of Advanced Research Computing