Re: [AMBER] Amber20: Ampere microarchitecture support and next Amber release

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 20:55:55 -0400

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020, Kraus, Sebastian wrote:

>A) Is there mature support for Nvidia Ampere GPU microarchitecture within Amber20?

Amber20 runs on Ampere -- be sure you have applied all the updates,
especially update.6. There may be more optimizations in the future.
It's hard to call our support "mature": we simply haven't had either the
time or the access to Ampere cards to put much effort into this.

>B) Will there be an Amber21/22 release within 2021?

No. Amber releases are always in the Spring of even-numbered years.
If we do make Ampere-related improvements, they will be posted as
updates to Amber20 as they become available.

....dac