Re: [AMBER] Changing lj_radius without changing lj_14_radius

From: Batuhan Kav <bkavlist.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 17:22:52 +0100

Dear Matias,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I really appreciate the details you’ve provided.

It seems like, in my problem, I need to scale epsilon_ij for certain atom pairs while not changing the 1-4_epsilon_ij. One possible way I think would be to adjust the scnb parameters so that the 1-4_epsilon_ij for a pair of scaled epsilon_ij would be the same as unscaled epsilon_ij. I could be able to do this by editing the .dat files. I just have one more question: do you know if the SCNB and SCEE parameters are used for anything else than calculating the 1-4 interactions? In case they are used for calculating some other stuff, me changing them would not be good. I just want to cross-check this.

best,
Batuhan