Re: [AMBER] ff19SB and OPC, process_(min/md)out.perl and LEaP

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 17:23:56 +0000

Hello Carlos and Daniel

I've provided editing permissions should you want to provide notes or files though the off-list sharing option.

Some thoughts

Dan

I seem to remember this causing issues before. I do get the top-down/bottom-up priorities mixed up quite often. I will definitely give this a try as the OPC only system works quite well. This is still surprising to be, with the split of parameters into "protein" and "water" it is somewhat confusing if there are deviating parameters in the "protein" part affecting the "water" part. Still, I do not have enough insight to make any judgment. This needs to be corrected regardless if this is causing the issue or not. Thank you very much

Carlos

1) Yes, the peptide is the "raw" sequence from leap as supplied without any relaxation/minimization. This is obviously something that I need to look into as soon as I get the system working. However, at the moment I am more concerned about the water molecules being "frozen" during the dynamic part of the simulation.

2) Yes, as this was to test if I could produce usable input I wanted the packing to finish ASAP and left a lot of space in the system. I still find it surprising as the OPC system without the peptide provided usable data with the "process_m*.perl" scritps and equilibrated to a density around 0.99 g/ml faster than the other water models. system with the peptide, where water basically does not move at all during any stage of simulation.

As of now I think that Dan might be on to something, unless your suggestion to check available patches would resolve the problem Carlos.

Thank you both for your time and efforts, much appreciated

Best regards

// Gustaf