[AMBER] Question about force field for proteins

From: Asaf Farhi <asaf.farhi.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 11:31:10 -0400

Dear all,

My name is Asaf and I'm a postdoc at Creol, UCF.

I would be happy to consult with you regarding the choice of force field
for proteins.
I have read in the manual that the recommended force field for proteins is
ff14SB.

I have a few questions and I would really appreciate your help:
1. What does SB stand for?
2. Can the CMAP parameters be changed (manually) in free energy
calculations with Gromacs?
3. What is the recommended force field without CMAP?
4. Are Amber99 or Amber99sb*-ILDN recommended?

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,
Asaf