Re: [AMBER] how to use one prmtop for two trajectories with just one ion difference

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:06:47 -0400

cpptraj will allow you to specify a different prmtop and
reference coordinate set when doing RMSD calculations... it can get
complicated if atoms don't match up, but your case sounds like a single
atom mask will give the same selection for both systems so it should work
smoothly. Dan Roe or others might have more detailed advice, but this works
for me.

I use something like this in my cpptraj script.
load both prmtops, with a label for the alternate one

parm ./prmtop
parm ../build_40/prmtop [refparm]

define reference structures, indicating the alternate prmtop for the other
system, and label each reference structure for use later:

reference ./1min.rst7 [refinit]
reference ../build_40/struct40.rst7 parm [refparm] ref [ref40]

trajin ./md.x

calculate rmsd to the SAME system:

rmsd rms1 :10-70.CA,N,C,O out rmsd.10-70.dat ref [refinit]

and then when doing the rmsd to the alternate system:

rmsd rms2 :10-70.CA,N,C,O out rmsd.10-70.ref40.dat ref [ref40]