Re: [AMBER] questions for mdgx-virtual site

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 05:49:46 -0400

Another note: if you are trying to simulate a mixture of two solvents and
finding that the two molecular models do not want to stay mixed, this is a
well-known problem in many models. If you want to just have virtual sites
(extra points) sticking out of the benzene to push benzenes away from each
other, that's one way to do it but it sounds extremely "staged" shall we
say. It would be like you've contrived the model and getting any useful
properties out of it would be a hard sell. I'm not actually sure you could
do this--mdgx is going to see the LJ parameters you assign to the virtual
sites and then try to apply the reigning LJ combining rule to determine how
they interact with other atoms. So they'd interact with ALL other atoms of
the simulation according to Lorentz-Berthelot combining rules, I expect,
not just other virtual sites.

Dave