Re: [AMBER] pmemd simulation

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 02:52:06 -0400

pmemd will describe that anion :: pi interaction the same way it describes
any other non-bonded interaction: Lennard-Jones 6-12 plus electrostatic
interactions between the monopoles. I knew about cation :: pi
interactions, but I confess I hadn't heard of special behavior in anion ::
pi interactions. The disassociation of this interaction is not
surprising--it is a very tough task to balance the affinity of an anion for
any hydrophobic group with its affinity for water. In all likelihood, the
charge model is just not up to the task of modeling the induced
polarization that you might be getting in real life, to say nothing of
other effects involving the actual pi system where we don't currently model
any monopoles.

Dave