Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA - Ternary System = protein-ligand-1-ligand-2

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 07:55:47 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2020, Marcelo Andrade Chagas wrote:

>I did simulations of: (APO protein), (protein-lingand-1) and
>(protein-ligand-1-ligand-2).
>
>Successfully performed MMPBSA calculations on the DM trajectory of the
>protein-ligand-1 system, using the single-trajectory procedure.
>
>However, for the ternary system (protein-ligand-1-ligand-2) would it be
>possible to make the calculations the second ligand?

What calculation to you want to do? That is, what free energy change
would you like to estimate? You could define (protein-ligand-1) as the
receptor, (ligand-2) as the ligand, and the whole thing as the complex.
That would attempt to compute the free energy of binding of ligand2 once
ligand1 is already bound.

....dac