Re: [AMBER] Ewald grid size question

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 00:40:13 -0400

Yes, DAC told you right. With a 12.0A cutoff, you are getting
significantly larger Gaussian spreads than you would have with the typical
settings, which entail an 8.0A cutoff. For a given dsum_tol (which you did
not change), the Gaussian spread is nearly linear in the cutoff. With
12.0A you could even run 64 x 64 x 64 and probably not have a problem. In
fact, the reciprocal space errors arising from that procedure would
probably still be smaller than the direct space errors. My advice would be
to push it to 84 x 84 x 84, if you are using the GPU code, and take a 9A
cutoff with dsum_tol = 5.0e-6. That should run fast and give a pretty good
balance of direct and reciprocal space error.

Dave