Re: [AMBER] the error from make test.serial

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 14:17:28 -0400

On Sun, May 10, 2020, 谢信锐 wrote:

> Thank you very much! I find why this error occurs. The installation of
> AMBER20 is under the account of root, but I incautiously use the user
> account to run the "make test-serial".

You should avoid installing Amber as root! Install, test, and run it as
an ordinary user. You are being "incautious" in doing anything as root
that does not really require those privileges.

>1)Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>./Run.nmode3: Program error
>Makefile:127: recipe for target 'nmode3_test' failed
>make[3]: *** [nmode3_test] Error 1
>Running test of the isotropic periodic sum technique
>2)make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/xxr/amber20/amber20/AmberTools/test/nab'
>Makefile:114: recipe for target 'test.nab' failed
>make[2]: *** [test.nab] Error 2

We would need to know information about your OS, compiler settings, and
so on. As you can see from ambermd.org/Installation.php, Amber20 and
AmberTools20 *should* work on many variants of Linux, and on Mac OSX.
That doesn't mean that it will work on each individual machine, but
debugging this will require more information.

You should also go to the AmberTools/test/nab directory and run the
tests there by hand, to see in any errors come to the screen, or if the
jobs were partially done.

Also note that errors in nab test won't bother you if you don't plan to
use nab (which is a long-deprecated part of Amber).

....dac