Re: [AMBER] addions

From: James Kress <jimkress_58.kressworks.org>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 22:47:47 -0400

The reasoning behind addions2 is interesting. However, when used to place additional solute ions around a DNA oligomer, the placement is not consistent with the ion distribution at equilibrium. Invariably addions2 places all the ions on one side of the oligomer in a rather tight configuration of ions whereas in the equilibrated structure, the ions are distributed around the oligomer and the rest of the box.

That, at least, has been my experience. Perhaps the calculation of electrostatic potential in the code needs to be inspected to determine why this bias exists. It makes no sense to place Na+ ions on one side of a DNA oligomer when the negative charges on the DNA oligomer are distributed around the double helix.

Jim

James Kress Ph.D., President
The KressWorks® Institute
An IRS Approved 501 (c)(3) Charitable, Nonprofit Corporation
“ENGINEERING THE CURE” ©
(248) 573-5499

Learn More and Donate At:
Website: http://www.kressworks.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KressWorks.Institute/

Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.