Re: [AMBER] Temperature and total energy keeps dropping with NVE ensemble

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 11:52:55 -0400

To add to what Dave Case said, you need to be careful with shake
setting. In principle, using shake for X-H bonds will make NVE not
really conserve energy.

To check this, set ntc and ntf not to be used, and try very small dt,
maybe 0.5 fs or potentially lower.

Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry