Re: [AMBER] GPU based TI runs

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 14:00:52 +0000

Hello Prof Case,
I have used barostat=2 (MC barostat) in my input files but I have not been able to still do the NPT equilibration on the GPUs using pmemd.cuda

I am using the cpu processors for NPT (ns) equilibration, as I could not figure out the technique to do it on GPUs, but my project will probably go on for 6 months more before I can see any data produced. On cpus (16 processors) I am getting 0.6ns/day whereas my minimization/heating on GPUs were so fast at all the 12 lambdas. ( Another interesting thing I discovered was that sometimes when I keep restarting the equil runs on GPUs, some lambda values get output produced and immediately after 2-3mins of initiation of the job; my job crashes...)

50000Steps of SD and 100ps(0-50K), 100ps(50-100K), 100ps(100-200K),100 ps(200-300K), 100ps(300K) -----> these steps all together took like 1.8 hours on the GPU.
Now I m struggling with 40+ hours of NPT equilibration.
I have not heard from Dr Cerutti yet; I am hoping he may have some ideas which can help me push the 2ns of equilibration on gpuland.

Thanks Prof Case for all your inputs on my TI simulations.

Debarati