[AMBER] OHE residue and crashing

From: Piia Kokkonen <piia.kokkonen.uef.fi>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 13:49:50 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to run RNA simulations with 5' phosphates (and without) using the OL3 force field and Amber18. I can generate files and run some minimization with both systems, but the system with OHE (the 5' phosphate) will crash when I get to production simulations. Is this because I want to use the hydrogen mass repartitioning from parmed to speed up the simulations or am I missing something else?

The simulations without the 5' phosphate run fine with the hydrogen masses repartitioned at 4fs timestep, and I am using the same non-constrained starting structures so that shouldn't be the problem either. There is nothing visually wrong in the equilibration simulations (for 2 ns with 2fs timestep), the error message from the production simulation reads "Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest" which usually indicates that there is something crashing/exploding in the simulation.

Cheers,
Piia Kokkonen

--
Piia Kokkonen, Ph.D. (Pharmacy)